Help Decide - 13" or 15" 2016 MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Adergaard, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Adergaard macrumors newbie

I'm having problem deciding if I should get the 13 or 15 inch new MBP.
    Some background: I'm a Thinkpad user back when they were good i.e. T60, T410, T420s and then switched to Mac with an iMac 27 inch 5k retina display which has made it almost impossible for me to accept other screens since it really blows the competition away. I also have a Macbook Air 2015 that I use when I sit infront of the TV or in bed or in the kitchen etc etc.

I'm a programmer. I construct stuff on the computer for a living. So I sit a lot infront of my 27 iMac working but equal amount of time spent on the Macbook Air also working. Yes, I do a lot a work on the MBA but I'm not really enjoying it. I cannot say if it's the screen estate or the fact that I really don't like the keyboard or if it is something else.

So, given this background. Do you have any input if I would like the 13 or 15 inch MBP or - in fact - if I should even go a completely different route like getting a X1 Carbon or X1 Yoga or, get this, even the 13/15 inch Alienware in order to get a decent keyboard or something else?

Thanks very much for your input. If you need more information, please write a post and I'll try and answer. Thanks.

2. aloshka macrumors 65816

I'd probably recommend a topped out MacBook Pro 15" 2016. Get rid of the iMac 5k and replace with an LG 27" 5K monitor that works by 1 cable plugged into the Mac. Best of all worlds.

From another developer, the bigger screen makes a huge diff on the 15"