Help deciding on a apple laptop

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Demarrer, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Demarrer macrumors member

I'm in need of some help. I have been looking at the MacBook air and the MacBook pro line. I have a ratherly large windows desktop pc and this is not to replace it. I strictly need a laptop for school. With that in mind, I was wondering if anyone could help me out and give opinions on what would be best for me.

P.S. I would also use the MacBook for SDK.

Thanks and I appreciate the
    help

2. Lukeyboy01 macrumors regular

Lukeyboy01

Get the 13inch macbook pro its much better value

3. xcitu macrumors newbie

Macbook Pro 13 inch, no doubt. Got it myself and I love it. Perfect size, good specs and at least perfect for school.
    Don´t choose Macbook Air, it costs more than the cheapest Macbook Pro and isn´t better.

4. Hilmi Hamidi macrumors 6502

No offense but your kind of question has existed in many other threads.
    Oh well, I'll answer it anyway, buy the cheapest macbook pro in store (with student discount)

5. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

The 2.26GHz base 13" uMBP sounds perfect for you. It will have enough battery for your portability, unlike the air. It has more power than the air. It's not much thicker than the air. 2GB RAM is plenty if it's just for schoolwork, as I presume you won't be running videos, plus pages, plus the web, plus games all at the same time :p And if it's just going to have schoolwork saved on it, the 160GB HDD is perfect for you, as you shouldn't fill it up too bad, even with all your music/videos on it.

Hope you enjoy your mac if/when you get it!

EDIT : Hilmi Hamidi, He is looking at the MBP and MBA line. Not the plastic macbook, I think he wants the aluminium enclosure.

6. mrmayor92 macrumors 6502

7. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

I bought the 13" MBP and hated the black bezel went back and bought another air!

8. Harmless Abuse macrumors regular

I have a unibody macbook, and it works great for lugging around and doing some writing on.

I'd go as cheap as possible, try the 13" MBP 2.26GHz, upgrading the RAM and harddrive are cheaper than getting it done through apple, and rather painless aside from unscrewing 10 screws. You can always do it later too, it's not a necessity, especially if all you're going to be doing is school work and internet browsing.

9. kryptonianjorel macrumors 6502

Forget the Air. Pretend like you've never even heard of it, because if you get the MPB, you'll never think twice

10. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

So NOT true.