Help deciding on iMac

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
3,339
871
Salt Lake City, UT
I have decided Im going to sell my TB display and MBP in my sig for an iMac. My dilemma is;
  1. Should I buy now or give it a few more months for the refresh?
  2. I bought my MBP last May, should I purchase Apple Care for it before I sell it?
  3. Will that make it easier to sell and/or increase value?
I've never sold a Mac before and my MBP is my first ever Mac.


Thanks for the advice.
 

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
3,339
871
Salt Lake City, UT
If you need it now, buy it now.
I don't need "anything" now and I still have my MBP at the moment. I need to figure out how much to sell it for as well. But I can wait a 2-4 more months if needed.

I know the Ivy Bridge will more than likely have a CPU, GPU bump and most likely USB3.0 as well. I'd love USB 3.0 with the cost of TB devices being so high but its not "needed".
 

Bioshox

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2012
29
0
Manchester, UK.
My advice is, if you want one, buy one. There's no point waiting around forever, it's inevitable for Technology, you buy something and hours later theres something released thats better! I know these are Apple products and they're on release cycles but if it makes you happy and it's what you want and need then go for it!
 

jwm2

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2012
231
0
You won't get the price you paid for the apple care over what you will get now, so imo thats just throwing money away. Most people assume if its worked this long chances are its good to go for awhile.
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.