Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sb1805

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
I just received my new 2.13 Air the other day, and I've been trying to decide if I should actually risk an exchange from the apple online store. I can definitely see the lines that everyone is talking about, but only if i'm looking at the screen head-on. Any slight off-angle viewing makes then disappear for me. I want to get an idea of whether this would be considered a 'bad' case of the lines, in which case I might return it hoping to receive a better model. Or if this would be a 'mild' case and a return might not be worth it. When it's bad, can you see the lines from pretty much any angle?

Thanks

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Can you take a picture of the screen? Not a screen shot but a picture? If you're looking head on ... I mean how many times are you truly face to face with the screen sitting at a 90º angle?

Veinticinco

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Europe
I mean how many times are you truly face to face with the screen sitting at a 90º angle?
I'd say >95% of the time if it were me - it's the most ergonomic way to view your screen after all.

Speaks volumes when we've got people afraid to return substandard QC'd Apple products out of pure fear that they'll get a replacement that's even worse!

sb1805

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
I can't take a picture unfortunately...don't have a camera with me. But I essentially agree with you jessica...I've always kind of looked down on a laptop screen, so I'm rarely at 90 degrees.

But it IS unfortunate that I'm afraid to exchange in fear that I might get something worse!

So for those who think they have seen the lines and it's bad, can you only see them head on, or at other angles as well?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.