help deciding on what to do with my MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by omgshesaboy, Mar 21, 2009.

1. omgshesaboy macrumors member

omgshesaboy

Alright I have a 2.4ghz MBP right now. I am a college student and i do not do anything on my laptop except for word processing and listening to music and stuff like that. I was at the apple store today and I fell in love with the Imac. They have a 2ghz iMac refurbished on their website for 799. i was thinking about selling my MBP and getting the imac and a black macbook (i just bought one for my girlfriend and its sweet. I love my macbook pro and am not sure what to do. what do you guys think?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Personally, I hate having two computers (an iMac and MacBook); it's just too confusing. When it comes time for me to buy another computer, I'll be doing the exact opposite as you and buying a MacBook Pro to use as my only computer.

It's purely a matter of personal preference though.

3. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

I enjoy having an iMac at home and a MacBook on the road. I agree with the prior poster that mentioned that it can be confusing. To mitigate this effect, I use the free program DropBox. This allows me to sync files that I need across both machines when I have internet access.

Having two very different machines also affords me a little flexibility concerning where/how I work.