Help deciding

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bthompson, Oct 5, 2015.

1. bthompson macrumors member

Hi there! I purchased a space gray sport apple watch a couple of weeks ago and I really loved it. I was actually surprised how much I liked it and used it. I returned it right at my 14 day period because I was conflicted about the money and also was wondering about the space black watch.

well after not having a watch for a week, I am going to repurchase the apple watch. Now I'm conflicted- Should I get the space gray sport or go all in on the space black with sport band? I liked the sport and how light it was, but the sapphire screen and ceramic back of the space black are really tempting to me. I foresee keeping this watch for atleast two years so I am leaning towards to nicer one but i'm just not sure! Help!!

2. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    If you are conflicted about spending the money, I'd say go for the sport. First gen products won't have nearly as much staying power as 2nd/3rd gen (look at iPad/iPhone). I have the sport and then I'll probably sell it (for 100-$200) and buy a Gen 2 or 3 steel version. That version will do much better at lasting several years.

3. bthompson thread starter macrumors member

That makes sense. Yeah I am leaning more towards the sport, I am just tempted by the Space Black

4. Enygmatic macrumors 6502a

Enygmatic

Assuming (that's all it is) that a "new version" is on the horizon is pointless... as is basing these on the history of devices in completely different categories. Get whichever one you feel you'd be the happiest with for however long you have it. Sounds like you really want the SB version; go for it. It'll have a higher resale, anyway.

5. bthompson thread starter macrumors member

Im so conflicted. I think the sport is the best for me as I wear my watch all the time. But I think the Space Black SS is so pretty. It doesn't seem to be that much heavier. Hmmmm

6. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I have to agree with this. I was in the same boat as the OP, but ended up going with the Sport model. I'm sure when I purchase the 2nd or 3rd gen Apple Watch, I'll go with the SS or SG SS.

7. Laserducky macrumors regular

Laserducky

Just FYI, with the SB Sport, if you bump the case against stuff all the time, its gonna rub off to reveal the silver colour below.

Screen protector also highly recommended :)

Cheers !