Help deciding...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mloffa, Apr 4, 2010.

1. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

I currently have a iMac (late 2007 model, 20in screen) that I love.
    But now I'm looking to get a laptop for portability.

The biggest thing for me is screen size. Pretty much everything can be updated in the future pretty easily except that. :mad:

If I decide to go 13in, then I'd just get the white Macbook. I love the price for the specs. I don't think spending $200 extra for just the aluminum body and a few other small differences is worth it.

BUT

I really want a bigger screen than that. I do some minor photo-editing in Gimp and I feel 13 may be too small.
    My sister has a 13in mbp and for the time I used it, it seemed fine but the is off in college now so I can't try out Gimp and other programs.

The 15in is a lot of money, though. I would have to save even more and I would wait anyway until the revision if I went this route. I don't need the computer right away so this isn't a big deal. I know Apple isn't a fan of lowering price, and I also know that none of you know for sure, but is there a chance Apple will lower the price on the 15in?

Any advice would be great. Possibly from a fellow Gimper with a 13 and/or 15 inch screen.:p

2. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

Get the 13 inch and hook up a 24" display to it when you're at home or the office with the money you saved on the 15". Works well for me.

3. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

A 13" is portable.... a 15" is not so portable. I'm using my 13" MacBook at home and the office and I have a 21.5" monitor to hook it up to at home. Works for me.