Help: Deleted fiancee's contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hookem12387, Oct 7, 2012.

1. hookem12387 macrumors 6502

I've accidentally deleted my fiancees contacts. She had never synced her 3GS with her computer, and now just got the iphone 5. I think I plugged the phone into itunes and told it to sync contacts and before I pushed the button to merge, it started syncing and left her with no contacts at all (again, because they werent on the computer, only the phone).

If anyone knows how to get them back, I'd be forever in your debt.

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I saw this post while having dinner with my wife, mother in law and the legally retarded man she lives with and claims to be getting married to someday but probably won't and is just trying to fool Jesus into thinking that she isn't really living in sin. I have no idea about your contact problem but I can give you this advice: don't get married.......

3. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

Lmao

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

LMAO:D
    Solid advice right there.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Was she not using iCloud?

6. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

iTunes will automatically create a backup of the iphone contacts upon each sync. Try to restore your fiancee's iphone from a previous backup via iTunes - when asked from what backup, select the one from the date when you synced her iphone with itunes and the deletion occured.

7. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

This should clear everything up.

8. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Best advice ever given on this site!

9. jimmy575 macrumors member

Check backups in iTunes and see if there are any valid options to restore from then check the iCloud account. If you need assistance with this, I would research online or call Apple support directly.

They deal with this stuff all day. Literally.