Help! Deleted iCloud appointments. No backup. 1 iPad not synced yet.

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by lsutiger, Feb 14, 2014.

1. lsutiger macrumors member

Hi All.

My mother (seriously it really was not me) accidentally deleted all of her iCloud calendars using icloud.com. Of course immediately it synced to her iPhone and iPad and wiped out everything. No iCloud backup and the Mac she is using is too old to sync with iCloud so there is never anything in iCal.

Luckily her old iPad that wasn't being used was at my house and wasn't connected to the internet and therefore did not sync. It has the vast majority of her calendar data on it.

So...my question is what is the best way to get those calendar appointments back into her iCloud calendar? If I connect it to the internet will it automatically wipe everything off or will it ask me if I want to merge? I know I have been asked if I wanted to merge calendar appointments before but I can't remember what the situation was.

Thanks!

2. Rigby macrumors 601

If you connect the iPad to the Internet now, the calendars will be deleted.

You can try the following:

1) With the iPad still not connected to the Internet, turn off iCloud calendars in the iCloud settings. It should then ask you if you want to delete the calendars or keep them on the iPad. If you choose the latter option, it will convert the iCloud calendar to a local one. Open the calendar app, tap the "Calendars" button at the bottom, and verify that you see an "On my iPad" calendar, and that the events are in this calendar.

2) Now connect the iPad to the Internet. Go back to the iCloud settings and turn calendars back on. It should now tell you that it will merge your calendars. After that, all the events should be back in iCloud.

However, I'm not entirely sure what happens if you had multiple calendars in iCloud before (they may all be merged into one).