Price Advice Help determining price for selling my MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gamecube117, Mar 14, 2012.

1. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/FC374LL/A
    Originally released April 2010
    13.3-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
    4GB (2 x 2GB) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
    250GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
    8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory

I checked under the site under the "Refurbished MacBook Pro" since they don't sell this one anymore and it is now $899 CAN plus tax, so it will be $1,015.87 after taxes (I originally paid $1300 for it after taxes).

How much would you suggest that I sell it for? Keep in mind I've only used it less than five times. Nothing is downloaded, I only used it for web browsing. In total, I used it for less than 90 minutes. I decided to sell it because I never use it, and I want to "upgrade" to an iPad. :apple:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay, or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

In the US, yours is probably worth around $700 or so. There are a number of 2.3 GHz i5 13" MBPs for sale now and they seem to go for around $900 in stock form - and they are substantially faster.