Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brvheart

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Does anyone know what kind of bag this is? It looks nice (I did not get to see it up close and personal or anything) but wondered if anyone knows via the logo, I am looking for one for my 15.4" MBP

148b0d4610444c.jpg

I was also looking at this one - I prefer the Satchel type

http://www.brenthaven.com/catalog-fusion-iii-mb-apple.html

coachingguy

macrumors 6502a
Does anyone know what kind of bag this is? It looks nice (I did not get to see it up close and personal or anything) but wondered if anyone knows via the logo, I am looking for one for my 15.4" MBP

148b0d4610444c.jpg

I was also looking at this one - I prefer the Satchel type

http://www.brenthaven.com/catalog-fusion-iii-mb-apple.html

I have this bag, the Brenthaven one; it's great for the laptop, but it's not very big. I couldn't get all the stuff in it I needed for work. So then I went with an Osprey Transit bag, which I really liked. But like most mac laptop guys, we're bag freaks, so I also picked up North Face Recon backpack. I really like it!

As far as the Timbuk bags, I don't think they're worth the premium your paying for the name.

Just my .02¢

Coachingguy

brvheart

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
well, I ended up buying a commute messenger bag in the medium size, I hope that it is all that it is cracked up to be....:confused:

thank you all for the help and letting me know the brand etc :)

mayanka89

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2008
Midwest
I bought the Timbuk2 Originals Commute from the REI Outlet store, got it for about half off to be like $70. Excellent bag, well-built, soft-corduroy laptop lining.

brvheart

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
well, the bag arrived today...I love everything about with exception to one thing -

It is not big enough :(

I got the medium based on the fact that I have MPB 15.4" WS. The bag fits perfect for that, but does not have enough room/pockets that zip for the external drive, power cables, net cables, cell chargers etc.

I thought that if I got the large that is made for the 17" lappy's that my MPB would not safely fit in it....

donga

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2005
AZ
ebags.com is a great site. i think i've gotten three things from them before and very satisfied.

well, the bag arrived today...I love everything about with exception to one thing -

It is not big enough :(

I got the medium based on the fact that I have MPB 15.4" WS. The bag fits perfect for that, but does not have enough room/pockets that zip for the external drive, power cables, net cables, cell chargers etc.

I thought that if I got the large that is made for the 17" lappy's that my MPB would not safely fit in it....

return it if you're not satisfied, and get something else or something bigger. i'm sure they'll take care of you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.