HELP!!! Did I just brick my phone???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LoneWolf121188, Aug 21, 2007.

1. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

Here's what I did:

Had a modded phone at 1.01.
    Restore and update to 1.02. Everything worked fine.
    Tried to jailbreak via iActivator. I knew it would probably fail, but I just wanted to see what would happen. It failed.
    iPhone rebooted, but stayed stuck on the apple logo. I did a reset.

Now here's whats happening: If I try to do a reset, it will stay on the apple logo for a long time with no spinning icon. After a long time, it will go to the main "Slide to unlock screen", but with the default background and stuff. The problem is that it won't respond: the slider doesn't move, the hold button at the top doesn't do anything, etc.

iTunes says: "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone "iPhone" because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000023)."

The worst part is that I can't get it into restore mode. Holding the two buttons will just cause it to show the apple icon, then turn off again.

HELP!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Brick? Ummm is Brick a verb?

Anyway, do the restore and plug into a power source. Try that.

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

4. macintel4me macrumors 6502

Seems bricked to me. Go to the Apple Store and act dumb. They should fix it.

5. LoneWolf121188 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmmm...I couldn't restore, that was the problem. When I held the two buttons down, it wouldn't go into restore mode, which is why I was freaking out. Anyway, I plugged it into the wall just to see what would happen, and initially nothing did. I held the two buttons down though, and lo and behold, it went into restore mode! Now its working fine! Thanks guys!!! :) :apple:

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

See I may not know that brick is a verb, but at least there was a good ending to this little issue. ;)

7. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Seriously, I gotta ask ..... *WHY* ?!