Help! Dilemma

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by imtheman, Oct 24, 2014.

1. imtheman macrumors newbie

So i have a late 2013 rMBP with 2.4 ghz, 4gb ram and 128gb storage which i just got for free yesterday. Should i sell it and buy the mid 2014 rMBP with 2.6ghz, 8gb ram and 256 gb storage. is it worth it?

2. BigBuns macrumors newbie

BigBuns

It really depends on what you will be using the computer for.

If you think you are going to need more than 128GB of storage, then I would definitely grab the bigger storage model. It also has more memory which is nice.

But in terms of performance, they are really close. A tiny processor bump in the newer model is pretty much it.

And you got the computer for free!? Dang! :p Enjoy it!

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You got a computer for free and you're looking to buy a newer model? I'd keep the 2013, since it didn't cost you anything.

Selling it, and buying another one, would mean money out of your pocket since the 2013 model's sale price won't cover the 2014 price.

How did you get it for free?

4. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Keep it

I'd say keep it and use it see how you go, you can always use a jetdrive in the SD slot to expand memory for files and media. Unless you tell us what you need to use it for we can't advise on wether the specs will be good enough for you but those 2013 rMBP base models have lost their price quicker than any mac I have seen before so selling it may not be your best option..