help!- disabled application syncing!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chipNdale, May 26, 2009.

1. chipNdale macrumors member

hello everybody!
    i have a second gen ipod touch (jailbroken) my problem is that when i go to itunes and click on the applications tab to do a manual check of apps that would be synced onto my ipod i cant seem to click anything its like disabled anybody have any idea how to solve this???

thanks in advance!

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

There should be a box in the applications tab next to which it says "automatically sync applications" or "sync checked applications" or something. Click that. Then you can choose what apps you want to sync.

3. chipNdale thread starter macrumors member

yes you are right but the main problem is that even if i tick the box nothung happens as if its disabled... hope you get the problem its hard to explain... i see the boxes where its says manually sync however when i tick the box it does nothng i mean no check on the box -- it does not allow me to manually check or evn automatically sync apps... please help....

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Are you able to get your Applications tab to look like this (click the attachment to enlarge)? Once you have it like this you manually sync apps by putting a check next to the ones you want on the iPod.

After you do that you have to remember to hit the 'Apply' button in the bottom right hand corner, or it won't work.

Attached Files:

5. chipNdale thread starter macrumors member

hi ivan thats my main problem i can't get my applications tab to look like that i can't tick the box like you do...huhu any idea why?

6. chipNdale thread starter macrumors member

this is how my appications tab look like..huhu

another added information.. i tried syncing my sisters ipod onto my itunes and it went well it prompted that some apps are not found on her ipod and then itunes synced my apps onto her ipod.. but when i do it on my ipod i cant tick any box nor would itunes prompt that some apps are not found on my ipod (since i purchased some apps using itunes ).. i even tried using transfer purchases still no luck in transferring the apps...

Attached Files:

7. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Key word: (jailbroken)

Not everything will work as planned.

8. chipNdale thread starter macrumors member

but my sisters ipod is a complete replica of my ipod both are jailbroken.. works for her not for me?

9. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Something may have gone slightly wrong with your jailbreak that isn't noticeable during use of the iPod itself. It is plausible.

10. chipNdale thread starter macrumors member

ah really? as i am the one who did the jailbreak for both ipod... so what do you suggest i redo the jailbreak for my ipod? huhu