Help! Disappearing (sub) Mailboxes on Rename of Parent Mailbox

Discussion in 'macOS' started by seadrake, Sep 17, 2007.

1. seadrake macrumors newbie

I created a number of 'sub' mailboxes under an existing blue mailbox, loaded with essential mails.

I attempted to rename the parent blue mailbox using the same name but all capped.

I (too) quickly hit the enter (confirm) key, missed a clearly essential message of some kind, and got 2 folders/mailboxes, same name 1 all-capped and 1 mixed-case. Selected and looked at each one in turn, the new all-capped mailbox appeared to have all the mails and sub-folders/mailboxes in place. I went to delete the mixed-case (original) mailbox, confirmed and now I have LOST somehow all the sub-folders/mailboxes and their contents that WERE showing under the all-capped mailbox title (which still has messages just no sub folder/mailboxes).

I have tried rebuild on every folder, I have turned off the Empty-Trashes options on all mailboxes under Preferences (CYA) and have searched for some time now, on the disk (under Library) for the missing folders by the 1 remembered folder name, and on the web, Mac/Apple Support and wider...no joy on mailbox/folder undelete/recovery etc.

It must be said that I am a relative Mac newbie, though many years' experience in the Windows world. Operating under OS X 10.4 -- and begging for help in locating the invisible folders.

Thanks for any and all assistance.

Jude

2. seadrake thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there no one who can help me? This is very important email to me and I really really need to get the mail folders back. :eek:

Am I in the wrong forum? :confused:

Jude