Help Disc Stuck in Drive

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by indigotheory, Sep 2, 2009.

1. indigotheory macrumors regular

i have a macbook late 2008 aluminium,

just tried to burn something to a dual layer dvd with roxio toast 10, it failed and now the disc is stuck in the drive

please help!........

2. flatfoot macrumors 65816

I don't know if that works, but try this:

Reboot holding the option/alt key on your keyboard. This brings you to the "boot menu" where all bootable media are displayed (only your internal HD is displayed, I guess).
    Now hit the "eject" button on your keyboard.

I hope that the dvd is ejected this way; otherwise you can force-eject it using a paper-clip (just like with tray-loading drives) but I don't know on which side in the slot-in drive the button is placed, so you'd have to search up on that...

3. indigotheory thread starter macrumors regular

Hi thanks for the reply,

i restarted several times, last restart, 5mins later the disc randomly popped out.

4. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Possibly when you restarted you held down the mouse button? This ejects any disc inside upon startup, so that might be why it popped out.

5. flatfoot macrumors 65816

6. bionictony macrumors member

my iBook with slot loading drive had this problem, it eventually became harder and harder to take the disc out. one day a piece of internal tape came stuck onto the cd when taking the disc out. That's when I took it to Apple. I still had Apple Care.