HELP: Dismissing notifications on Watch no longer happen on iPhone

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mobilehavoc, Apr 6, 2016.

1. mobilehavoc macrumors 6502

mobilehavoc

Until iOS 9.3 and WatchOS 2.2 (whatever latest is) everything was perfect. Since installing them, everything still works really well except one major issue. Dismissing a notification on the watch doesn't get rid of the notification on the phone. This used to work perfectly before and I haven't changed anything else except install the new software.

I've tried restarting both devices, I've tried unpairing and repairing the Watch (effectively wipes and restores it from backup).

Again everything else including apps are fine - notifications are prompt and everything else is peachy but this issue is driving me crazy because I take my iPhone out of my pocket and all the notifications are still there even though I actioned them.

Any ideas?

2. StuBFrost macrumors member

Yep, mines the same. Also when I delete an email it often doesn't delete it on the phone and I have to manually delete it.

Only started happening when I updated to 9.3 on the phone and 2.2 on the watch.

3. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

..have to say I'm also getting this on my watch but quite randomly. 99% of the notifications which I action and dismiss from the watch, are gone from the phone, however, I am finding that occasionally, a random notification which I have dismissed on the watch, still remain on the phone.

I never had this before the recent updates to the watch.

4. MrTazz macrumors member

MrTazz

Yes this is annoying now, having to dismiss everything twice now, hope they fix this in a bug update

5. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

...I have now realized that these notifications which don't disappear from the phone, when dismissed from the watch, seem to be from one app only - Tweetbot. And they are one type of notification too - its when I get a notification that somebody has followed me. When I dismiss these from the watch, they do not get dismissed from the phone, resulted me in having to dismiss them from the phone as well.

I received 2 follows this morning and on each of these, the above behavior was experienced, however when I received a notification of an @rely, when I dismissed this from the watch, it still got dismissed from the phone.

There must be an issue with 'follow' notifications?!
    :confused:

6. StuBFrost macrumors member

Happens on nearly all apps for me. BBC News is a bad one but even emails still show for me.

7. funnyboy88 macrumors regular

I hate this bug! It's so annoying have to clear notifications on 2 devices.

8. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I'm curious if it's supposed to work both ways? I delete texts from my watch and they are deleted from the phone but I delete them from the phone and they are still on my watch. I just discovered this, I have texts on my watch going back to when I bought it that were deleted from my phone. Is this how it's supposed to work?

9. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I think I've just worked out what's going on!!!

It seems that any app which gives a notification and is dismissed from the watch, does NOT get dismissed from the phone. However, if you get an iMessage on the watch and dismiss/reply to it, this IS then also dismissed from the watch.

Example: Today, I had several notifications from a London Underground app (showing the status of the tube trains). I dismissed them from the watch but they were STILL on the phone. I also received several Facebook Messenger notifications on my watch, which I actioned and replied from the watch. These were STILL showing on my phone when I looked later on. In amongst these however, I also received severa iMessages which I actioned and replied from the watch - these DID in fact get dismissed from the phone.

So it seems that the bug is related to notifications from apps, which, when get dismissed from the watch, are STILL displayed on the phone.

This did 100% NOT happen before the recent watch os update.

:(

10. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

..this is getting annoying now - ITS HAPPENING WITH LITERALLY EVERY APP NOTIFICATION :mad: (other than iMessage).

I am getting Facebook notifications and also Tweetbot (twitter client) notifications, however, dismissing them on Apple Watch, DOES NOT dismiss them on my iPhone 6.

Whats the blimmin point of having the Apple Watch for notifications if I STILL have to dismiss THE SAME NOTIFICATIONS from my phone ???? I may as well go back to using my Pebble Time Steel - at least that DOES dismiss the notifications properly........:rolleyes:

11. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I'm gonna file a bug report with Apple about this - its getting VERY annoying having to dismiss the SAME notifications from my phone, which I have already dismissed from my watch.
    :mad:

12. MrTazz macrumors member

MrTazz

It looks like the new updates now fixes this problem :)

13. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

... I REALLY hope this is true - just received 2 or 3 twitter notifications which were dismissed from the watch, AND had to dismiss them from my iPhone 6 as well (haven't updated watch OS yet!) GRrrrrr:mad:

14. MrTazz macrumors member

MrTazz

As far as I can tell all notifications that I dismiss on my watch also dismiss on my he phone. Make sure update watch AND phone

15. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

..thanks - will update tonight!
    :)

16. paulmeyers42 macrumors member

The updates seemed to fix the problem for me.

17. funnyboy88 macrumors regular

18. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I updated both my watch and iPhone tonight so will have to see how I get on with this tomorrow!!

19. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

My iPhone, without any warning started make it's notification sounds while wearing the watch. Have re-paired and even set up as new and the watch no longer silences my iPhone 6S+