iPad [Help] Downgrade Ipad2

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by piuloc, Sep 26, 2012.

1. piuloc macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2012
    Hi, I have an Ipad 2 64gb, wifi and 3g with model MC984ZP white… Unluckily, I updated it to ios 6.0 and its not a good update (suck! I think). I tried to downgrade it to 5.1.1 with the newest itune but.. I dont know what kind of my ipad is ? 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 or 2.4 ???!? More, I tried with all the versions and Itune accepted only the 2.2.. But at last, juz after extracting step, a popup failure said i cant restore it ? Why ? Now Im really stuck with ios 6, games are gone, my utube and ggmaps lovely is terminated.. Apple so cruel ! I juz wish i could downgrade it to 5.1.1 or lower, any version but not the new one ! Plz, if any one know this, give me an advice or juz a comment ! I really need forums help now ! Thanks for all !
  2. kleistra macrumors newbie

Sep 4, 2012

you cannot downgrade. it's impossible, as apple don't sign 5.1.1 anymore. you have to live with ios 6 or wait for an update, nothing you can do.
  3. piuloc thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2012
    Really ? Last time i read the intruction of downgrading firmware, it said apple still sign in 5.1.1 ? When did they stop signing it ? And, as i describe my ipad above, how can i know the type of it ? I mean 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4 ? How to know it ?:confused:… err, if the ios 6 so stupid (i think), will the jailbreak team break its jail this time ? If yes, any1 can guess the time they finish ??? :rolleyes:
  4. antdawe macrumors regular

Jun 14, 2010
    They have stopped now i think but you needed to sign BEFORE you updated to iOS 6.

Did you ever jailbreak your iPad in the past?
  5. piuloc thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2012
    Unluckily, this ipad has never jailbroken before although i knew and did jailbreak on many ipad. Its my friends ipad and i want to rescue it from the jail of apple ! Btw, what u mean by "sign BEFORE" update ios 6 ?