Help downgrading Ipod touch 2g 4.2.1 to 3.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jkilla, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Jkilla macrumors newbie

Long story short the battery life is terrible and I never use my ipod touch anymore because of it. I would like to downgrade and have never saved my SHSH blobs or whatever it is. Am I out of luck? I've tried editing the host file but it still says my device in ineligible. It's also a MC model

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

don't recall if the 2G require SHSH blobs to go back. Try downloading the IPSW and restore it with that on iTunes.

3. Jkilla thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried. Because its the MC model it does require and tells me its ineligible. :( So pissed off that I can't downgrade from an OS that pretty much BROKE my ipod as far as im concerned.

4. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

One wonders why Apple even actively prevents people from downgrading. It's so incredibly pointless.

5. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Why do people fail to realize the software is not always the problem? Your iPod is nearly two years old now and the battery is probably only running at 55-75% maximum capacity due to age. All that's happening is you are finally noticing the ageing process that has been happening since the first day the device was activated.

If you're one of the few who insist on using old technology because you don't need anything newer you can take it to Apple and they will repair the battery for the cost of a new device.

6. Jkilla thread starter macrumors newbie

Not the case, it deteriorated as I upgraded to OS 4. I haven't used it much since. Decided to finally try to downgrade it. If I dont use it for a few days its dead. It used to stay months fully charged if not used. I have also taken it to apple to which they claimed it was "normal"