Help Downgrading to 4.3.5 please!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by daramos, Dec 10, 2011.

1. daramos macrumors newbie

So I downgraded my itunes to 10.4.1 from 10.5.1 to be able to install ios 4.3.5.
    I currently have ios 5.0.1 but want to go back and keep the baseband of ios 4.3.5 to be able to unlock it using gevey sim.
    After installing itunes 10.4 I put my phone in DFU and opened itunes did the option restore command and selected the 4.3.5 ipsw but after a while a get a screen that the iphone couldn't be restored; it isn't eligible for the requested build.
    I checked, and did download the correct ipsw for my gsm iphone 4 so am stuck and don't know what else do to. I would really appreciate any help and suggestions

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cant downgrade without shsh blobs on your iphone 4.
    Also if you upgraded the baseband to official 5.0.1 then even if you have shsh blobs the baseband cannot be downgraded and that phone cannot be unlocked at the moment.
    Not with gevey or anything.
    Downgrading itunes will not do anything.

3. daramos thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cant downgrade the baseband on an i4.
    There's tons of fake/stupid sites and youtube videos like that claiming you can do things that cannot be done.
    Im sorry but I will give it to you straight.
    You are SOL, that phone cannot be unlocked at the moment. Not with gevey or anything.

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If you look at the article, it was dated 10/17 which when Apple was releasing OS5 while they still signed 4.3.5. That the reason they can downgrade OS5 baseband 04.11 to 4.3.5 baseband 04.10. That day is over and like AJ said, you can't downgrade it any longer. So, face the reality that you can't do anything with your phone now. It is best that you sell it and then buy a factory unlocked Iphone then you don't need to worry anything about updating fw/baseband.

6. daramos thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks applejuiced and crystal-rx for the information
    i was going out of the states for a month and wanted to use my iphone

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

edit saw after AJ has it covered no surprise there Agree with AJ and Crystal-rx