HELP! Dual-booting Mac OS X and Windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Karsing100, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Karsing100 macrumors newbie

Hi. I have a slight problem. I have bought the Mac OS X 10.8.2 legally and downloaded it. I want to dual boot it with my Windows 8 but Windows needs SATA Control: RAID settings to work and Mac OS X needs ACPI settings. This is not illegal, but is there a way to use both of them without having to manually change to raid/ACPI every time I change OS? My computer specs are: Intel Core2Quad Q9300 2.50Ghz, ATI Radeon HD 4600Series WDDMv1.1... Please help!..

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not sure why you state you need RAID setup.

All I've done in the past is run the bootcamp assistant (found in the Application Folder > Utilities). Then go and install Windows. Just read about it here

3. simsaladimbamba

4. Karsing100 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah

I have tried them. Each fix they had didn't apply to me. I don't want to reinstall my windows but I don't want to get stuck on apple logo again. My components are compatible, but even in VMware I am stuck on Apple Logo with warning/stop sign on the tip of the apple. When I tried booting up with ACPI it didn't have the sign, but had the spinning thing. Graphics card good and everything! Been working at this for a week now. Trying different methods... People seem to have fixed this but They didn't know how or it seemed to not apply to me...