Help - Duplicate Photos in iCoud Photo Library (Beta)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Maskusee, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

Decided to pull the rigger and switch enable iCloud Photo Library on my iPad and iPhone today.

So far all my pictures and videos from my iPad are in the iCloud Library successfully, i then enabled it on my iPhone and its still uploading all the pics, but I'm starting to see duplicate pictures in the iCloud and now on my iPad/iPhone as well.

Here is where i need some help/advice.

- Is there an easy way to delete duplicate pics from iCloud, once i do that, will
    they delete from the iDevice, I have it set to "Download and Keep Originals"

- I have albums in iPad and iPhone with similar content, i.e.; motorcycles album.
    Is there a way to merge these two albums into one in the iCloud and
    therefore have them merged on the iPad/iPhone as well?

Thank you for your help.

2. grapunzel macrumors newbie

Same issue...
    pretty disappointed that Apple hasn't implemented such a basic feature.

3. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I had this very issue when I first turned on my iCloud Photo Library option (when it first came out).

I had it set up on my iPhone 6, iPad 2 and obviously on the website however, all 3 places had a different number of photos (because there were duplicates everywhere - still not sure even today, how that happened).

The only way I sorted it was by sitting down, logging on to the iCloud Photo Library website ( https://www.icloud.com/ ), opening my iPhone 6 and iPad 2 and looking through ALL the photos on each device and basically deleting the duplicates fro the device itself.

If I had a picture of a flower on my iPad 2, which was duplicated (so 2 flowers appeared on the iPad but only 1 appeared on the website and 1 appeared on the iPhone), I would delete one of the flower pics from the iPad. That pic would then stay on the other 2 devices.

I had to do this for EVERY duplicate - it took ages buy I finally managed to get all 3 places (iPad, iPhone & website) showing the same exact number of the correct pics!

;)