Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mckinb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2004
Michigan
I have a PowerMac G4, when I first got it, I got it w/o the dvd drive. I recently bought a pioneer dvd +/- RW drive and had it installed. Was wondering what software I need to play the dvd's on my mac??? Tried the demo for Trans Lucy, but couldn't get it to work???

Just looking for some insight, a little frusterated!

Thanks

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
I'm not really sure how to go about it. But, if the dvd drive you put in is the same one Apple uses you may be able to reinstall Panther and it will install the DVD player software this time around. Maybe someone else will be of more help.

hugemullens

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2002
Michigan
Swing on over to xlr8yourmac.com, somewhere inthere is the instructions to extract the DVD player app from your install CD. Its really easy to do, i did it, i just can't think of the app that extracts teh DVD player from the CD.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
If the Mac on which you install Jaguar does not have a DVD drive installed, then it doesn't install the software DVD Player app.

You can copy the DVD Player app from a Mac running the same OS which does have a DVD drive to your /Applucations directory.

Otherwise VLC can help you out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.