Help:Early 2011 Macbook pro can't access original hard drive after installed SSD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Arthur0902, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Arthur0902 macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone, I really need some help here..

I have a Early 2011 13 inch Macbook pro. I also installed a 128GB M4 SSD and 8 GB memory on it. In the beginning, since I don't have too much storage problem. I just leave the original hard drive, which is 500GB on my table. It works perfectly with SSD on Mountain Lion.

And after about two months of use, I find that I am run out of storage. So I bought a optical bay caddy from MCE, and get rid of that optical drive and put the original hard drive in to it.

So now problems comes...The mac just won't open, format or partition the original drive! It do can get info about it, but no operation could be done to it.

In the attachment you can find the screenshot of both disk utility's info of that disk and also the system info of that disk.

When I try to erase it of partition it using disk utility, it gives me error: "Wiping volume data to prevent future accidental probing failed."

I think I also need to mention that this disk has another mac system installed, perhaps is lion. But I don't know if that caused problem.

Can anyone give me a cule or solution to this problem? Any suggestion or help will be appreciated. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. SlyMac macrumors 6502

Did you try placing the drive aback in the primary bay to see if it still boots (assuming you still have the OS on there? Were you trying to erase the data and the error popped up or had you already done that? Do you have any other software you can use like disk warrior to see if it is a disk utility issue? Are you using lion or mountain lion? I know lion at one point had an issue like this with some drives but Im not sure if it was resolved.