Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big D 51

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Mobile, AL
Hi all.

Two questions.

1. How can I add a white apple logo to my lock screen. I would like it center and small enough to fit under the SMS and above the sliding unlock bar.

photo1.PNG

2. When I added Abril 14, why didn't all my icons change? I understand that not all of them have a custom logo, but photos, facebook, and camera should have change though...I think...

photo.PNG

Thanks in advance. I am addicted to MacRumors :D :apple:

ctbear

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2010
1. Wallpaper?
2. Make sure the theme is compatible with your firmware. If it's not, you can manually change the file names of the icons to match those of your firmware version.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
If you can delete the "Made By Apple" in this WP then it might fit where you want it to go.

As for the icons, if you're on 4.2.1, most themes aren't updated for that just yet. If you're on 4.1 or lower then you can either manually change the icons (this is what I do) or change the names of the bundles/folders within the icon set and see if that helps.

Attachments

• Modish LS 5.png
    Modish LS 5.png
    408 KB · Views: 87

Big D 51

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Mobile, AL
There are the following icons that I can not get to show now in Abril 14: Mail, Photos, SMS, compass, Phone

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Big D 51

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Mobile, AL
If you can delete the "Made By Apple" in this WP then it might fit where you want it to go.

As for the icons, if you're on 4.2.1, most themes aren't updated for that just yet. If you're on 4.1 or lower then you can either manually change the icons (this is what I do) or change the names of the bundles/folders within the icon set and see if that helps.

Thanks. Yes I am on 4.2.6 on Verizon. Must be the problem. Thanks for reply. I guess I need to sit back for a while until a good set of icons come out for this version.

Thanks again.

Big D 51

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Mobile, AL
photo.PNG

h1r0ll3r: That file help because I was able to edit it. Now I just have to find the setting that is dimming the picture because once I unlock its white for a second.

Still need help with icons if their is a solution.

Thanks everyone! :apple:

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
There are the following icons that I can not get to show now in Abril 14: Mail, Photos, SMS, compass, Phone

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yeah, you being on 4.2.6 is a bit out of my realm unfortunately since I'm on 4.1 (AT&T). Only thing I can suggest is look in your Applications folder in your phone and manually change the icons out but I'm not sure if you want to go that route or not.

Big D 51

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Mobile, AL
Update

photo1.PNG

I got a few more to work by changing up the directories. I have no idea how to change photos and facebook because I see neither program under the applications folder.

dgamer84

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2011
photos is under mobileslideshow.app

just replace icon@2x.png

for facebook (if I remember correctly) it's user>applications and then just browse through the folders till you find facebook.

Big D 51

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Mobile, AL
Update

photo.PNG

Made some progress today. I am having to make my own theme/Folder/Name.app to make some icons work. Some are working in bundle. Then others I am going under Applications folder and changing. Either way, I am making progress and thanks to all for the help.

Still can't get facebook to change, and I have tried all options that I listed above.

Next project is to change the dock to wood looking background and find me a decent background image for home screen.
:apple: :D :apple: :D

Big D 51

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Mobile, AL
Will anybody share a link to download a pretty wooden dock background?

Also, how can I get the 3 dots and search icon above the dock icons to go away?

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
Will anybody share a link to download a pretty wooden dock background?

Also, how can I get the 3 dots and search icon above the dock icons to go away?

Here are samples of a wooden docks in Retina

dockl.png

images

Dock-4.png

The search icon and dots are removed using NoSpot from Cydia, that tweak completely removes Spotlight search functionality

Big D 51

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Mobile, AL
Got it. Thanks!

Some odd reason the wood docks are too short though. They only go under the center two icons. Any idea how to make them longer?

Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.