Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vaakuna

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
Nordic
Hi, guys.

Running macOS: HS 10.13.3

Been having intermittent problems with my special character map realising on-screen when ticking the option under 'Edit' from the menu bar. I've as well tried hotkeying it but to no avail.

Would love a workaround (that works) or a tweak such that it reliably appears as it used to.

Cheers for the read here.

Lunder89

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2014
Denmark
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but if you bring up the emoji panel (CTRL + CMD + SPACE) there is a lot of symbols in the bottom. And there is also a search field in the top.

Reactions: Vaakuna

Vaakuna

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
Nordic
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but if you bring up the emoji panel (CTRL + CMD + SPACE) there is a lot of symbols in the bottom. And there is also a search field in the top.
Thanks for weighing in, Lunder. I unfortunately cannot get the panel to show – whether via menu bar or hotkey. Nothing, in other words, manifests on the screen when I perform either action. :(

Lunder89

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2014
Denmark
Oh, sorry, read as if you hadn't tried the shortcut.

You could try reinstalling macOS High Sierra, without deleting the drive. That will leave all your stuff in place, and just "repair" the OS.
Remember to make a backup of everything though.

Reactions: Vaakuna
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.