HELP! enV2

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mrdorunjr, May 13, 2008.

1. mrdorunjr macrumors newbie

k so i jsut go thte env2, and ofcourse i have a mac (macbook) and i was wondering if anyone knew how i could transfer songs i have in itunes, obvs not store bought ones cuz they are locked, but other ones. to the music folder of hte phone and not the sounds folder, which i didnt on accident. i have it connected via blue tooth and sent a song to the sounds folder >.< and it wont play throught music, go figure heh. so if anyone could help me out on that i would greatly appreciate it.

2. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

Verizon doesn't let you do this. It will transfer the files but you can't do anything with any files that weren't purchased from the verizon music store.

You have to hack the phone's firmware to get around it.

3. mrdorunjr thread starter macrumors newbie

:/ oh welll i guess i have to live with having to open the phone to listen to the songs and not being able to fast-forward. better than not having it on there right. well thanks for your help

4. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

how are you liking the env2? i think that might be my next phone.. does it feel cheap?

5. mrdorunjr thread starter macrumors newbie

well in comparison to my last 2 phones, the V and the enV. It is 100x better. its got a very solid feel, amazing features, i got used to the phone in less than a day. the fact that i CAN send files over bluetooth makes it that much better. and when it vibrates it doesnt make any noise like the V or the enV did. If you want a solid phone with a qwerty keypad and you liked the old enV i would say def buy it

6. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

Do you have a card reader? If you do just insert it and put all the music in the "music" folder. Its really easy. If u dont have a card reader...then get windows :p

The mac won't recognize the phone, atleast from what ive tried (with my env and vx8700). Im just using windows under vmware. It's so much easier.

7. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

I am so buying this when my contract is renewed this August!! For my Chocolate i had to use the SD adapter for my microSD and put the MP3 files in the Music folder.....I had to put the card in the phone first, so that it would create the folders itself and then added the MP3's myself...but they have to be MP3 format...:)

8. mrdorunjr thread starter macrumors newbie

well i was able to send files via blue tooth already but i cant put them into the music file b/c of the phones firmware. so my windows IS recognizing the phone, first phone verizon taht is computer friendly with bluetooth.

what do you mean by sd adapter cuz i have a card and all that stuff, but idk how to put the files into the music folder? would u be able to explain that in detail fo what i have to do cuz that is basically exact what i need

9. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

Ok if you have windows just plug in the phone using the USB cable and the computer should recognize it. then just put your mp3's in the folder that says "music"

10. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Well my microSD came with an adapter to make it a regular sized SD card....then use a card reader to transfer the music.... I used my Nikon D50 since i have no card reader hahahaha

11. Stevp1 macrumors regular

I got it to work!!!!

I just got an ENV2 last night after upgrading from a crap RAZR. I was able to hook up via bluetooth, transfer an .mp3 from my PB to the phone, and it plays fine! I moved it from the phone to the microSD card and it still plays. I have SW version VX910V03.

edit: the phone automatically put it in the music folder when I sent it over. I haven't tried .m4a files yet, but the mp3 works.

12. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

I can't wait to upgrade from my even worse LG Chocolate first gen. It randomly calls people and the touchscreen quits working sometimes haha.... EnV2 is in my future....

13. Stevp1 macrumors regular

interesting update...

The first song I loaded worked fine. that was when I posted. I moved a second .mp3 over later, and it got put in the sounds folder not music. Haven't had time to research why it happened differently, they were both mp3's, but I'll post again if I come up with something.

14. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

15. themike macrumors newbie

Xnjb

XNJB is a piece of software originally menat for Nomad Juke boxes and Creative MP3 players that will sync music with env2. It use the MTP protocol.