Help, Error 28

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Redpitsea, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Redpitsea macrumors newbie

Long story short. I left my ipad on my truck after the house alarm went off this morning before work. Forgot about my ipad. Drove off, then remembered when I got on the freeway. Came back, no ipad. Coming home from work I drove the same route home. Found it on the side of the road. Looks like someone found it, decided it didnt work and threw it back out. Screens not broken, still in case. You can tell someone ran over it because its a little warped and scratched.
    Anyways, it was all black. I took it apart for fun to see if anything was wrong inside. What did I have to lose right?
    I put it back together after my inspections, like I knew what I was looking for in the first place. ha
    Anyways, I plugged it into my computer and the Itunes power cord popped up! I tried to restore it a few different times without luck. Error 28. SHould I take it in to the apple store? Does it mean its toast? help!
    Oh, and whens does the new IPad come out? lol Im kind sad because I was the 4th to purchase this when in came out in my area. Spent all night at the store.
    Anyways, thanks for the help!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Error 28 is a hardware error. Most likely its too dead to run properly. The iPad 2 should be out this Spring, around February to May. You could try getting it replaced at the Apple Store. They will most likely not replace it for free.

3. dadaiPhone macrumors newbie

replace

HI , the apple store should replace you ipad if it is in the one year of purchase.
    D

4. John Benitez macrumors member

Well, “Error 28” indicates that there is a hardware issue with your iPad. Go to an Apple store if it’s still under warranty so claim it to Apple tech support.