Help! Error Problem update Yosemite OS

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stuart2102, Apr 15, 2015.

1. stuart2102 macrumors regular

stuart2102

I already downloaded and intall Yosemite OS last year 2014 when it was available and it was good, but to my surprise today April 2015 when i saw an update available again for Yosemite OS after it was installed the update, there was an error and i cant access my macbook anymore every time i log in my password on my account it will restart all over again and again, i dont know what happen, for now i was able to send this concern using guest account on my macbook and its only limited application to view only safari browser available for guest account, pls help me to solved these problem of mine.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Try holding the shift key when booting to boot to safe mode. That stops any startup or login items from launching. If that works, it means one of your startup or login items is causing the conflict with 10.10.3 and you need to identify and remove the offending app.

3. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

I tried but still doesn't work tsk tsk tsk im now getting pissed off for this new OS of mac

4. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

If your account causes it to continually restart, but a guest account doesn't, then it is something connected to your account and generally not a fundamental issue with Yosemite, chances are some utility you had loading at login on your account is causing it, hence safe mode should help.

If that isn't working then you might need to restore your data and recreate your account under a new login and be VERY careful what utilities you load that you used to have loading or running.

Do you have a backup?

5. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

im just wondering I been using yosemiti almost a year no problem at all coz as far as I know I didnt use utilities much, can you give me example of utilities that harm our account? Speaking of back up I dont use one tsk tsk tsk So bad im using windows since I learn computer my only issue is virus but in mac no virus that much but I didn't know it more worst if there will be conflict of utilities and account tsk tsk tsk im still using my macbook pro for more than one year and now im suffering

6. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

No I can't, the list of what you might be running and a list of suspect apps???

Better to start with you finding out what you are running and stop them running. You can't short-cut that I'm afraid

7. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

The apps that run on my mac is google, safari browser, activity monitor, vlc, youtube downloader, and calendar thats the only apps that always run every time I open my macbook pro, and no problem before until I updated for a new upgraded Yosemite OS. Is there any more treatment for this? I wanna know what apps causes this but I cant acces my acount now. Tsk tsk

8. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

yesterday afternoon when I open my laptop it displays recovery or reinstall yosemiti os. I Choose reinstall and it took me 16hrs to wait and when it finish the only acount left is my name account created and its no longer appear the guest account I follow and do it again and again for SAFE MODE many times but why it wont cooperate? I cant access the Safe Mode

9. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

Thank God I was able to acces SAFE MODE but my problem now is how can I find the running apps who created trouble on my account, how can we tell? Any suggestions or advice?

10. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

I try to look on my activity monitor the apps that causes of my account problem log in but I cant see nothing there, any help again? How can I find it? Even viewing my external drive I cant see in safe mode. Haaaay what should I do?

11. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Your Mac runs a whole bunch of systems stuff plus any apps you manually launch plus a bunch of "helper" apps and stuff that relate to menubar items etc etc that you may have installed.

If I understand you correctly you have reinstalled the OS via Internet Recovery (can't imagine anything else taking 16hrs...), in which case you should have a new fresh account which will likely behave like the guest account you had previously...unless you now load on an app that breaks in the same way (and if it was incompatible it may or may not now install), you should be good - but you have no way to investigate the previous install now...

12. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

Yeah but basically only google browser who is running all the time and activity monitor, other apps ive mention above are only on call if needed like to watch movies for vlc and open youtube downloader if theres in need to download, but over all only google browser is open all the time, and im so naive of reinstalling Yosemiti OS. Via net coz thats only available ive got even my first update on my OS from mountain lion to maverics nothing happen and now yosemiti but lately new upgraded Yosemite for my mac hit me hard and give me headaches, anyways iv access already my safe mode I try to find the problem but I cant find it, where can I find it? I try to look on my avctivity monitor but I can't seE All apps that ive run before installing update

13. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

open Activity Monitor, CPU tab, that will show you what is running. Post a screenshot of it...

14. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

heres my print screen i don't know where to hit it coz it keeps on changing my activity monitor

Attached Files:

• 1s.png
      1s.png
      File size:
      130.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2s.png
      2s.png
      File size:
      133.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3s.png
      3s.png
      File size:
      142.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4s.png
      4s.png
      File size:
      163.5 KB
      Views:
  15. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

16. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Been asleep.

Nothing I can see suspicious there (as I said, if you have reinstalled the OS there shouldn't be). But as you can see there is a LOT of stuff that runs other than your main user apps.

If you hit the issue again, look for items either using more than normal resources or processes you don't recognise, keep a list of what you add into the system, take Time Machine backups and restore to a time earlier than your last addition if you hit problems.

17. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

As I've scan problems about macbook pro i found this thread of barcode000 MacBook Pro won't start up - "launchd died" his problem is the same as mine and I'm afraid of it will be happening to me that cannot be solved as what I've read on his concern that was not solved. I'm wondering why it happen for macbook pro? honestly I'm getting disappointed on this, as what I've mention from the TOP am using Windows computer since 2000 until 2011 but i haven't experience such headaches like what I've experience now in mac, in windows only virus will give me problem but i can easily find a solution, i don't have problem on OS, Hard Drive or even Booting my system for windows, i was so proud to use mac as what i've experience virus issue in windows, but now my expectation going down especially when i read from user name "barcode000" that this issue is keep on coming back not only for him but for me too. Tsk tsk tsk this is bad buying SSD is way beyond my budget I'm still using my macbook pro for 2 years and this is what I've got.

----------

This is all I've always do ever since i use my macbook pro since i buy this 2 years ago same apps i've used and nothing happen in fact i use photoshop, after effects, premier and other adobe apps before that runs in my window every time i open it, but i haven't experience it bad unlike this year that only use my laptop for internet surfing and now I'm having getting trouble of booting my OS haaaaayyy so DISAPPOINTED!!! SHAME ON THIS, so now what I'm gonna do?

18. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Just because his symptom sounds a bit similar to yours doesn't mean the underlying problem was the same. You have resolved yours by doing a reinstall, yours was caused by a rare corruption during an update (possibly), or the update finding an incompatibility in some other installed software.

Either way it seems you now have a stable system.

----------

Do you have a backup, Time Machine etc?

19. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

I don't have backup thats a sad story, but its okay if i can start all over again to run my macbook pro in normal way again coz in using safe mode its limited function even spotlight search won't work and my external drive can't be read as well in safe mode. Can you give me alternative to fix this problem? I'm ok if all my files will be deleted as long as it will revived again the normal way of my laptop it thats the only way I'm ok for it.

----------

I have some files in my hard drive of apps but i can't access it here in SAFE MODE, my only concern right now is to revived again my laptop in normal way and not using safe mode due to its limited functions.

20. Yester5 macrumors regular

Yester5

Have you tried calling Apple or taking the machine to the Genius Bar?
    You could alway use Disk Utility to format your drive and reinstall a fresh copy of Yosemite.

21. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

I haven't tried yet calling Apple store here in my country Philippines, I'm still gathering information and suggestion here if can fix it here then I'm happy to all experts here who will be giving advise.

22. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

Im Stil waiting for any suggestion about my concern, oh by the way since it started that i can't access my account that day after i updated my OS X Yosemite, 1 day later when i try to access again my account it prompts the RECOVERY MODE that gives me another over 16hrs to reinstall my OS X i don't know what was that but just today i read from the net that it was a RECOVERY MODE. So is it okay to format my HDD now? Is there any way that i could salvage my files on my HDD before i will reformat?

23. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

This is a forum, not a paid support line...

If you don't have a backup then you can arrange one before formatting BUT if you don't know the cause of your instability you may re-import the issue with your files so...your call.