Help! Every time I restart, I have to re-enter FaceTime & iMessage passwords

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Sirolway, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Sirolway macrumors 6502

Anyone know how I can resolve this - would it be a 'reset PRAM' kind of thing?
    I'm kind of ignoring it in the hope that El Capitan will resolve it, although that's probably unlikely..

I suspect this issue might also be related to the 'MacBook can't run anything & Spotlight doesn't return sensible searches sometimes when waking' issue I have - e.g. after waking sometimes Spotlight can't even locate Safari, and clicking on the Safari icon in Applications won't launch it. The only thing to do is restart, at which point everything is fine ... except I have to enter those passwords again....

Any help would be appreciated

2. Dwayne82 macrumors member

Try to repair the disk-permissions first, it seems like something is wrong with your file-system.
    You can find the disk-utility with the Finder in the "Utility"-folder inside your "Applications"-folder.
    inside the disk-utility choose your main disk and click on "verify disk permissions", wait until it's done and then click on "repair disk permissions". Because you are already in the disk-utility, also repeat this process with the "verify disk" and "repair disk" buttons.

3. Sirolway thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I tried repairing disk permissions a few times - no joy.
    In the end I wiped the hard disk & reinstalled OS X - that seems to have fixed it. As Ripley would say "“Nuke the entire disk --it’s the only way to be sure”