Help: Excel 2004 error after FileVault activated

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sprale, Nov 23, 2009.

1. sprale macrumors member

I have a MBP 2009 running 10.5.8 and Office 2004. I recently activated FileVault and have a few issues. When I launch Excel, I get the attached error. When I click 'OK,' it just prompts again. When I click 'Cancel,' Excel crashes. I've seen this error in reference to an Excel file in use, but not the actual app.

I checked the Console and found the following entry at every fail. I've reinstalled Office, tossed pref files, no change. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Here's the crash report:

Attached Files:

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Found an old thread where someone was having seemingly the same problem with Office 2004 Excel. They don't mention anything about FileVault, but did mention recently installing equation editor.

Here's another person with your problem (can't open the apps). It seems Office 2004 and Leopard don't always get along. A commenter suggested it may be a font issue and supplied information for verifying fonts.

This person had issues after updating to 10.5.3. It took a reinstall to fix the problem. Not the greatest resolution.

Certainly no lack of people with this issue, though I don't think it was caused my FileVault, that may have just been a coincidence. Unfortunately I didn't see much in the way of solutions.
    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...309464928dbe6/49aa13fb966e2117?lnk=raot&pli=1