HELP? Expert MAC Questions need answers!!! :S

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CHINAdeals, Nov 2, 2007.

1. CHINAdeals macrumors newbie

Okay, had my macbook for a year now, its great not going back to pc (not for laptops neways)..now a few things that i've noticed that i've wanted to change but haven't figure out how..oh and heres' my specs:

1st gen blackbook 2gb ram

1. I'm in Canada right now, and I wanna watch shows on tv websites such as MTV.com and NBC.com but there's something blocking my way (copyright thing). i heard there is a proxy for windows where you can 'imitate' being in the states or something.is there something for macs?

2. Is there anyway to play vid clips in firefox (that use quicktime) in full screen? (usually for pcs.. you double click and it goes fullscreen b/c it is using wmplayer) - i'm talking about like. vid clips from nba.com etc..like small vid clips..

3. Is there anyway to KEEP a movie in fullscreen ( on an external monitor) in quicktime?
    (i know VLC does it..but does quicktime? - whenever i clikc somewhere. it reverts back to 'normal' size)

4. Does anyone else have an issue with the front row remote DOUBLE CLICKING? (sometimes it 'double clicks all my buttons.. - press play and it presses it twice causing it to pause then play again..or volume raise..raises 2 blocks instead of 1 )

neways ANY help woudl be appreciated. thanks!

2. hankolerd macrumors 6502

hankolerd

for 2...i don't know. but i do know you can use safari, and hit the command+option+A keystroke to bring up your activity window, then you can locate the video thread, and double click on it and it will download it to your computer, than you can watch it fullscreen easy.

I have not had any problems with my apple remote clicking twice, sorry.

I used to have another monitor that I would watch movies on, and I had a hard time getting quicktime to go fullscreen at all on the 2nd monitor, everytime I would say to go to fullscreen it would expand it on my main screen, no matter what screen I had it in at the time, so i just gave up and used vlc. But now that I don't have space for 2 monitors in my dorm I am back to one monitor and using quicktime.

and finally I know nothing of canada proxies and firewalls and copyrights and the like. I didn't know that you can't access some webpages from out of country. That is the most retarded thing I have learned today. Why is that?:apple:

3. CHINAdeals thread starter macrumors newbie

thns for the help neways

for the 2nd monitor. its a setting in quicktime. you can choose to fullscreen on 1 of the 2monitors. but it will DEFAULT full screen to one of the two montiors everytime (so if you wanna fullscreen to the ext monitor. you set it to that. but if you wanna fullscreen to laptop monitor.. it'll only work if you CHANGE the settings in the preferences (everytime))

as for the proxy thing.. its b/c of dumb 'copyright' laws. its avail to all US citizens but not canadian. so dumb. we only watch US tv neways .. i mean honestly

hey i figure this is a better way than torrenting you know?