Help exporting iMovie on MacBook Pro to iPhone

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CrownVic, Nov 21, 2016.

1. CrownVic macrumors regular

CrownVic

Hey guys I need some help exporting a movie from iMovie on my MacBook to my iPhone. I thought I would just save it to the photos app then airdrop to my iPhone, but when it airdrops it says that it is "unsupported". All I want is an easy get the iMovie from my MacBook to my iPhone. What is the best way to do that? Thanks!!

Btw, you can tell I'm new to mac lol

2. CrownVic thread starter macrumors regular

CrownVic

3. scotty588 macrumors 6502

If you have the file exported already from iMovie and you used an iPhone preset, just open iTunes and drag it onto your connected iPhone. Should transfer to it.

4. CrownVic thread starter macrumors regular

CrownVic

Thanks man I'll give that a try. So I should connect the iPhone to the MacBook via USB, then do it? And where can I find the video on the iPhone? In the photos app? All I want to do is post this iMovie video to Instagram, but i can't do it from the web version of Instagram, so I need to send it to my iPhone so I can post it on the Instagram app via the iPhone.

5. scotty588 macrumors 6502

So you need it in your camera roll not just the Videos app. That's a little different. You should be able to use AirDrop as long as it's in the right format. I believe it needs to be .mov

6. CrownVic thread starter macrumors regular

CrownVic

Yes! I need it in my camara roll on my iPhone so I can post it to Instagram. How would I go about chaining the format to .mov?

7. scotty588 macrumors 6502

Should be able to export it in iMovie in .mov. Been a while since I've used it so can't really tell you step by step.

8. CrownVic thread starter macrumors regular

CrownVic

Oh gotcha. I'll give it a shot! Thank you for your help!