Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nuks

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
I just accidentally trashed everything on my external drive. I emptied the trash, and then realized what I had done and canceled it. However, everything but my music and some album art is gone. I still have the drive turned on and connected, is there any way I can get my files back? I'm on a macbook with Os X 10.4 and the external is a Quantegy Firewire drive. Please respond asap if you can. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks everyone.

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
Last resort - there are several good file recovery software packages out there. Just don't do anything that will write over where the files were on the HD.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Go to macupdate.com or versiontracker.com
search "recover", research for the proper app on publications such as macworld.com. good luck.

Nuks

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
As I don't have the funds to buy a top quality file recovery system, and there are no free ones for os X I found a free one for XP and tried it out. It was able to find my TV Shows, but only to restore one of them. However, my movies are nowhere to be found. Is there any reason I wouldn't be able to find them on a windows program?

Thanks for the help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.