Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blad3z

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Hey guys, ok i got a serious issue with my mac, and im just about to fling it against the wall. My iMovie seemed to have moved everything down my timeline one spot. well ok, this is how it is. I have a slide show with video clips and scrolling info in it too. You know, the ametuer stuff u can do with iMovie. Well theres a point in it...where after the scrolling info theres another clip right after that seems to be the exact same 'scrolling info bar'! Now, that should be easy to fix... cause i'd just delete it right? but then the clips right after that. are in that place. and its just a huge black bar. and where the pictures are... is the info from the next 'scrolling information panel'. If u still don't understand. well..simply put. Its like after this one scrolling information panel. Everything in my time line has moved down at least one place. and when you click on a picture. it shows the image of the next picture. and sometimes the video clips that are ahead of it. which i cant exactly replace. so is there anyway...anyway at all i can fix this quickly?or is it more like a 'you gotta redo' job?cause i got exactly 12 hours to do it. please help!

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what the problem is, but I think what you mean is that you have a clip there that shouldn't be there and you want to delete it and have all or the clips ahead of it shift back to fill the gap?

I haven't used iMovie in a while, but if I recall you can change the view to "Clip view" and when you delete there it should shift things.

Tell me if I'm getting warm.

P-Worm

blad3z

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
WEll, it's like this. i have a scrolling bar clip with all this information. then straight after theres another one that isnt suppose to be there. And all the clips ahead of it suddenly appear as i scrub through it. when i go to those pictures.. (the clips after the 2nd unwanted scrolling bar) i get the next scrolling bar instead of the picture. So in fact, if i delete that scrolling bar..the 2nd unwanted one..i delete all the images ahead of it...thats what it seems like..basically..the scrolling bar when u scrub through shows all the images ahead instead of showing text. The first one i want to keep.its the 2nd one thats not meant to be there and thats causing this really big issue thats stuffed up the rest of the presentation from that point onwards.
thanks again p-worm :)

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
I'm still having a hard time recreating your problem. Either it is some kind of glitch iMovie has made or I still don't understand what your problem is. By scrolling bar, do you mean text? One problem that iMovie has is that it is "distructive" meaning that if you add text and effects to a clip in the timeline, you can't just delete one of those if you change your mind. You have to start over with it with the clip in the view of all of your source clips.

Tell you what. I have a final to take (my last one! :) ) and after I can help you on AIM or MSN. I will be on those in about four hours from this post. I've sent you a private message with my messenger details.

P-Worm

blad3z

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Thanks man

Yeah..u sorta hit the nail on the head.scrollin bar = txt. it is a glitch.and its very distructive. i mean very! if i delete the text bit. it will delete the clips ahead of it. and i sorta fixed the problem with one of the presentations by saving it. but its another one i have that even saving it doesnt work. its like its insane!Bah, either way...this glitch has happened 3 times in a row. and so i've had to move everything to another 'new' project over and over again and restart. it sucks cause this is for all the alumni and stuff. we are even sendin this thing to price charles!which is damn awesome, and my teachers and insane freak at makin it perfect.so...ah well...we restarted it... and my final version..after posting my 2nd remark...we managed to get everything back into place after rendering..but durin rendering everything seemed all over the place. i just have one question though. when i have scrolling texts...in iMovie. i could up with whacky sort of txts..like chinese instead of english... i've added a screen shot to this post. may give u a better idea of what i mean.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 68
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 68
  • AFTER AFTER.jpg
    AFTER AFTER.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Insane writing.jpg
    Insane writing.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 61
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.