*help* Failed : qtKitErrorCatchAll (-1309)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by loneshark, Jun 26, 2008.

1. loneshark macrumors member

sorry, the operation could not be completed because an unexpected error occurred. (error code -1309)

I get this error when trying to transfer a 5.02 gig .dv file from my laptop to an external Lacie drive. wtf ?

also tried to export the ..dv file from the MBP directley to the drive and it gave me this after 2 hours of rendering

Failed : qtKitErrorCatchAll (-1309)

seems like its a quicktime issue, but how would that explain a simple data transfer from laptop to external HD.

I can transfer all sorts of data from MBP to External, but just not this clip.

I have succesfully transfered this .dv file from MBP to my new Apple Terabyte, and back, just to test this transfer problem.

also i see alot of qtError's out there that are derived from quicktime probs. please help!!

2. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

My guess: the file is corrupted. Stuff like that happens about once or twice per editing project for me.

Sometimes the computer just doesn't 'like' the file, programs can be finicky. Maybe try zipping the file and moving the zipped file :p. =\ Best of luck.