help fast please!

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Pau.c, May 9, 2011.

1. Pau.c macrumors regular

i have looked everywhere for a cure for this problem but cannot find it anywhere!

when i jailbreak my apple tv the flashing light stays on, i kept the usb plugged in for just over 10 minutes and i thought the light would have stopped flashing after i unplugged the usb and put in the hdmi.

but nope, 2 hours later still flashing and i cannot get anything on my screen until it stops!

someone said recboot but i dont know how i would be able to put that on the apple tv to run it!

heeeeeelp!

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Has the power cable been connected the entire time? If so, unplug that and then hook it up normally. That's how to "reboot" it.

3. Pau.c thread starter macrumors regular

yeh but your not supposed to reboot it, as it will wipe the jailbreak wont it? because i have not been able to change it to Nito TV yet

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Was it a "tethered" jailbreak that you used? If it was untethered, it will stay after reboot.

5. Pau.c thread starter macrumors regular

6. Pau.c thread starter macrumors regular

i just unplugged it like u said, and its wiped, nothing on there but normal 4.2.1

darn! took me ages to get greenpoison working.

anything else out there better than greenpoison?

7. blevins321 macrumors 68030

RC6 and above is untethered. It's safe to unplug.

8. blevins321 macrumors 68030

If I remember right, there is no visual indication of the jailbreak. Are you able to SSH into the unit?

9. Pau.c thread starter macrumors regular

and how would i do that? thanks for your help btw! really appreciated ive been at this a good few hours

10. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Do you have a Mac? If so, open Terminal and type ssh root@ipaddressofATV

Type yes when it asks you to approve the unknown key. If it takes you to the command prompt, you're all set to do NitoTV or XBMC via their command line instructions.

If you have Windows, download Putty and then do the steps above with that.

11. Pau.c thread starter macrumors regular

12. Pau.c thread starter macrumors regular

ive tried it all again twice! same problem, the light wont stop blinking! so i cannot unplug, even with the latest greenpois0n downloaded from their website, its really annoying now, as you see all these people on youtube doing it in about 3 minutes, i have now been at it 6 hours!