Help! FCP: Timeline & Canvas won't show up!

superspiffy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
In a stupid move, I close the Timeline and Canvas window and now they won't show up. They're grayed out at the Window tab and pressing command+2 or command+3 doesn't call them back. Going to Arrange and trying any of the window layouts doesn't solve the problem

UndertheRadar

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2007
In a stupid move, I close the Timeline and Canvas window and now they won't show up. They're grayed out at the Window tab and pressing command+2 or command+3 doesn't call them back. Going to Arrange and trying any of the window layouts doesn't solve the problem
You may have to delete your preferences. You can google search it. Just type in final cut delete preferences. Hope it helps.

superspiffy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
I figured out a workaround. Start a new project and just drag everything from the old project's Browser to the new Browser. Seems like this is a bug if there's no easy way to get the windows back.

-DH

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2006
Nashville Tennessee

In the Browser window, double-click a Sequence to re-open the Timeline and Canvas window.

-DH

lukeynoodle

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2008
it works

the exact thing happened to me
what you have to do is:
in the browser it will say 'sequence' just double click on it and the canvas and timeline will pop up
luke

-DH

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2006
Nashville Tennessee
the exact thing happened to me
what you have to do is: in the browser it will say 'sequence' just double click on it and the canvas and timeline will pop up luke
Wow, lukeynoodle ... that's a long echo. You've repeated the same thing I said 6 months ago in this thread.

-DH