Help!!!! FCP to iDVD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by diamond3, May 26, 2007.

1. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

Ok, heres what I got.

FCP 5 project about 19 minutes long, video, pictures, music etc.

If i go to my sequence, and click item properties it tells me this:
    Vid rate 29.97
    Frame size 720 x 480
    compressor dv/dvcpro - ntsc
    anamorphic checked

So this project shows up in the view as widescreen and i need to keep it that way in iDVD.
    I have an iMac G4 1.0ghz so hopefully this won't take 2 days just to work.

I'm just looking for something like in iMovie where you can export as a DV file or something all combined. Help greatly need because I'd like to have it done in 2 days.

Do I: File, export, quicktime movie and choose DV-ntsc anamorphic? should I leave it on current settings? I tried it once and it came out squished from wide to normal 4:3. Thanks

2. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

3. mperkins37 macrumors 6502a

mperkins37

Why I-DVD instead of DVD studio pro?
    I would export DV Ntsc 720 and that should get you what you need.
    You could always make a 1 or 2 second movie with the same specs to "test the settings" as I have done many times. It will render in minuted & you will see what works & what doesn't.
    Good luck

4. diamond3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I wanted to use iDVD for one of its themes and I'm not comfortable with DVD SP. The download you gave ppc_michael worked great. Here is one problem I'm having, if have it in iDVD and do a save as disc image and then preview the image when its done, it plays in widescreen. Now, if I put it on my normal 4:3 tv, it zooms in cutting off the edges instaed of letterbox it. Is this something I just have to deal with, or is there something more i'm missing.

Thanks for the help. It didn't take to long to burn it. 2 hours total.

5. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

What your DVD player is doing is using pan and scan mode. You can turn that option off in your DVD player's settings, but to disable pan and scan as an option altogether, I think, if that were preventable at all, the option to turn that off would be in iDVD. I'm not familiar with iDVD (I'm a DVDSP guy), but maybe a Google search could help with that.

(DVD Studio Pro, btw, does this very easily. ;))

6. the vj macrumors 6502a

Dude, I am burning DVD for corporate lcients all they long. Even I use 740 x 480 resolution I drop the video in to Toaster and that is it. No menus, just playback on insert and loop it.

If I have to create a manu I do it in DVD Studio Pro, then I export the file but I burn it in Toaster because iDVD as well DVD Studio Pro has problems with some brands and the DVDs just won't playback.

I mean, do not get too picky about it unless you are doing a very specific work.