Help! Final Cut Pro won't start after moving to Snow Leopard!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LoneWolf121188, Nov 29, 2009.

1. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

I click on the app to start it, and the splash screen appears, it starts loading a bunch of things...and then it quits. :( This only happened after moving to 10.6, so I'm guessing that broke it somehow. It only happens with FCP too, not any of the other apps (DVD Studio Pro, Soundtrack, etc all work fine). Here's what showed up in the console right before it quit:

11/29/09 4:02:57 PM [0x0-0x8e28e2].com.apple.FinalCutPro[11170] objc[11170]: Class ImageSequenceMedia is implemented in both /Library/Application Support/ProApps/Bundles/Soundtrack Pro Integration.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Soundtrack Pro Integration and /Library/Frameworks/AECore.framework/Versions/A/AECore. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

11/29/09 4:02:57 PM [0x0-0x8e28e2].com.apple.FinalCutPro[11170] objc[11170]: Class MotionDocumentInfo is implemented in both /Library/Application Support/ProApps/Bundles/Soundtrack Pro Integration.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Soundtrack Pro Integration and /Library/Frameworks/AECore.framework/Versions/A/AECore. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

11/29/09 4:02:57 PM [0x0-0x8e28e2].com.apple.FinalCutPro[11170] objc[11170]: Class OZTimeMarker is implemented in both /Library/Application Support/ProApps/Bundles/Soundtrack Pro Integration.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Soundtrack Pro Integration and /Library/Frameworks/AECore.framework/Versions/A/AECore. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

11/29/09 4:02:57 PM [0x0-0x8e28e2].com.apple.FinalCutPro[11170] objc[11170]: Class LicenseObject is implemented in both /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final Cut Pro and /Library/Frameworks/Qmaster.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SwampTypes.framework/Versions/A/SwampTypes. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

I read something about deleting your NetworkInterfaces.plist file (something about FCP wanting your ethernet connection to be en0...If I'm reading the file right, mine's en1), but that didn't help. I also removed everything in the plugins folder, and tried starting it while holding shift (to ensure no plugins were loaded). Any other ideas?

2. LoneWolf121188 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Quick update: there are no crash logs, and I just tried using the FCS Maintenance Pack. Still can't get it to launch.

After the splash screen, I get a message saying that an Apple FireWire NTSC (720x480) cannot be found. I have no idea what it's talking about. As soon as I hit continue, the program quits.

3. roadswitcher macrumors newbie

Other Account

Has anyone since 2009 managed to resolve this problem of a "silent quit", which is also happening here on my MBP ?
    ( And it also happened while switching over to SL, now I'm on Lion )
    Digital Rebellion's Crash Analyzer doesn't even notice the exit.

When it started, I had to create another account, without admin privileges, to be able to continue to work on FCP, whichwas continually updated to the last 7.0.3 version since the 6 version of the Studio Package. Here too, every other App of the Pack works flawlessy, it's only FCP itself that has this behaviour ( which can be deflected only by letting it discover that it's scratch volume and the other targets are no more present and after setting up new destinations, FCP does not quit on me, but only once ... then behaves badly again so it could not be a plug-in or pref problem )
    Did all the cleansing procedures before reinstalling, using first AppCleaner, then FCS Remover, to no avail.
    FYI : These are legit versions purchased by me on a professional basis.

Anyone here with some feedback, since Apple never managed to find an answer ?

Season Greetings from France

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

In most cases, app removal software doesn't do a thorough job of finding and removing files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this.

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

5. roadswitcher macrumors newbie

went through

Already went through the manual removal, also by using the search method.
    Seems that with FCP, there are "ghosts" remaining somewhere, naming an inclusive word seems to not being enough.
    The resulting question would be, what files are expected to change on a "user" base ( plist seem to be evident, like other preferences in the Application Support Folders )
    It's still crazy to have a software that performs normally, but only under another user account.
    Whish there would be a tool to compare, out of a SuperUser account, the different files being tailored for each user.

Thanks anyway for your suggestion, you are right about the insufficence of those AppCleaners & Co. but FCS Remover should have done better than that. That's one Reason I didn't invest in the FCS Maintenance Suite. It's full of Bogus apps.

6. willsfamily4 macrumors newbie

We had some problems when we upgraded to snow leopard also. FCP was crashing. I had to format another harddrive, then get all the Snowleopard updates online, then install FCP over again. I used migration assist to move my other applications, but Microsoft Office didn't come over correctly and caused some issues so I would not recommend using Migration Assist like I did on that application. Delete it first if you are going to use Migration Assist.

You may also have a ProKit problem. See this post. I had to do that on a machine after uploading. Here is the link to where I found the ProKit fix.
    http://www.digitalrebellion.com/blog/posts/restoring_an_older_version_of_prokit.html

Good luck - it is so FRUSTRATING to upgrade and then everything quit working!!!!!