Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

serr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
Does anyone know how to do this yet?
Using the Music app to play lossy streaming Atmos required a connected approved device and Monterey or newer. No connected approved device and the Atmos setting controls and blanked out in the Music app.

My situation is having an already expensive multichannel system. I'd have to buy some AppleTV or whatever that I don't want or have any other use for and then have the privileged of having to kludge audio back to the main system. So I'm not buying anything!
I use the Dolby reference player itself for lossless Atmos.

Does anyone know how to find and edit the whitelist style file somewhere in MacOS to add my computer itself to the whitelist? (Newer Macs add the computer itself as an approved device.) I'm also well covered and not in the market for a newer machine. And sure as hell not the current crop of soldered in hard drive machines for any reason!

Thanks!

serr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
Still a well buried secret apparently!

Anyone have any clue where to start searching? What filenames to maybe look for?
The Dosdude whitelist edits for those "patched" installers or some of the stuff in the "liberated" version of OpenCore... What files were found and edited there? Someone figured out how to manually edit a database file to manually add "microphone" permission for an app when the autopilot alert fails. Any clues for where to start in any of that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.