Help find 'Music Videos' in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CrazyDiamond, May 15, 2007.

1. CrazyDiamond macrumors newbie

I have some concert DVDs I put on my iPod and I switched the video kind (in info, under the video tab) from movie to music video. Problem is, now I can't find those concerts on iTunes, I can still view them on the iPod, but I can't find access to them through iTunes to edit info/delete them if I want to. Can anyone help me in finding them on iTunes??

2. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

did you name on the tag when you ripped DVD off? if you so, try to search movie file, then find it. if you find it, you should name tag after getting information window. there are 5 different options you can change as you know.

3. CrazyDiamond thread starter macrumors newbie

When you change the video kind from 'movie' to 'music video', it takes the video file and puts in your music library. I dont know why iTunes does this, there should just be a seperate tab for Music Videos like there is for movies and tv shows. but i found out the answer, hopefully this will help anyone else out who has done this

4. Pinksteady macrumors 6502a

Pinksteady

I've had the same problem - changed the category of a video file to "Music Video" and it gets moved into the main Music list and then very hard to find.

I used a tag of "Music Video" in the Genre field which allows me to type in "Music Video" into the music search box to show all music videos. Works for me but maybe there are better ways.

5. devburke Guest

Just make a smart playlist. "Media Kind is Music Video"