Help! Find my iphone

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by korneiew, Jul 11, 2014.

1. korneiew macrumors newbie

Does Find My Iphone work if there is no data(credit/airtime/call time) on the sim card?

Im travelling around europe and bought a lyca mobile sim card which i was told works globally. I bought the sim in the netherlands and everything worked fine but when i left the nether land i couldn't use internet services ( you are not connected to the internet)

But the calling and smsing worked fine!

My phone was stolen in budapest and is currently switched off.

I would like to know if it switched back on again, would iCloud be able to locate it?

Please advise me :(

2. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

If it is switched back on and you have Find My iPhone on and log into iCloud it should show up. I would use lost mode because you can remote lock it and track it at the same time as long as you have iOS 6 or higher.

3. korneiew thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm

Yea I've done the lost mode but would iCloud pick up the location if i don't have a working data plan/ bundle?

Appreciate the reply

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

5. korneiew thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm

No I've just done the lost mode (gave a number to call and a message)

6. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

I would not count on you being called although you di the right thing I would do what Mike asked you and lock and remote wipe it, That way at least nobody else can use it with your Apple ID and passcode.

7. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Find my iPhone can't locate a phone if it is not connected to the internet. The best it would give you the last known location but that could be hours old.

or short answer, unless you were lucky enough to have connected to a wifi net right before you ran out of data and the phone is still in that spot, you are unfortunately SOL unless someone happens to charge it up and connect it to wifi