Help? Finder Not opening

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jigga Beef, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Jigga Beef macrumors regular

Whenever i've tried to restart my Mac Pro finder won't launch. I can click on all my items in my dock but after clicking on they unexpectedly quit.

Right before the problem started i had installed magnifique and had just applied a theme.

In the past few hours i have also downloaded and installed iTune statistician, iStat Pro Widget, iGenres, iConcertCal,

However the problem did occur right after i applied the theme.

Any ideas?

Also I'm running Snow Leopard.

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Well, the Dock lives in the Finder, but that's beside the point. What you're saying is that programs quit right after launching, I think.
    Is there any program that will launch?

If you can use the Dock, can you open a Finder Window? - before trying to launch anything from the Dock!

Maybe dump the ones that don't run - manually, of course since an uninstaller is of no use when the program bails on you. Get rid of related plist files also. If things return to normal, then add other programs gradually; one a week or something.

3. Jigga Beef thread starter macrumors regular

Nothing would open.

I just read the magnifique and its very clear about the program messing up files in Snow Leopard! So poor job on my part not reading this disclaimer. I'm currently reinstalling SL, i didn't do a clean install, but i have a feeling i might have to. I have a CCC back-up and a time capsule back up to choose from. What does everyone reccomend I do i if i need to Clean install.