help finding a card reader, express slot

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zipper1022, Jul 27, 2007.

1. zipper1022 macrumors regular

i have a 15" macbook pro and i am looking for a card reader to fit in my express slot and sit nice and flush, not sitcking out, but i need i to be able to read CF cards...

i cant really tell if they sit flush form pics, lemme know if you guys have anything that will work nicely.

2. zipper1022 thread starter macrumors regular

3. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

I have a 15" MBP too and I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but there isn't an ExpressCard/34 Compact Flash reader that sits flush. :( The closest you are going to get is this one from Delkin; It has a huge "nubbin" that sits out from the chassis, and furthermore I hear there is a 1 to 2 mm gap with the MBP.

Suddenly SD cards are looking so much more attractive; Damn my camera and it's big ol' CF cards! My solution is to carry an external reader and a 6" USB cable, or wait until I'm back in the office... :(

4. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

I forgot to tell you why; Try and fit a CF card into the ExpressCard/34 slot and you'll see it is about 4mm too wide to fit. It's certainly a shame but a price we pay for more compact systems.