iPod Help finding a song...

Shaun.P

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
Omicron Persei 8
Heard this in a bar the other night.

It's a slow acoustic song, with a guy singing it (sounds like David Gray or Rufus Wainwright) and whilst I couldn't pick up any lyrics, there was several parts in the song where they went 'oh-ay-oh-ay-OH' from a lower tone to a high tone.

I think ths song is pretty well known but I don't know what it is. Can anybody help me?

Dafke

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2005
okay, serious, was it Coldplay? I don't really like it but i just heard it on the radio and it had something like ah-i from low to high.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
a-weemoway a-weemoway a-weemoway a-weemoway

in the junnnnnnnnnnnngle the miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighty jungle, the liiiiiiiiiiiiiiion sleeps toniiiiiiiiiiiiight....

Dafke

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2005
sorry, but i really can't make anything of that. brave of you to try though, and let everybody here hear you oe-ah ;)

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
Hospital Food by David Gray although that's not really a slow acoustic song and I have no idea what your voice recording is.

luckylisp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2006
NY state
Maybe it's Grey Gardens by Rufus Wainwright. The 'oh-ay-oh-ay-OH' from a lower tone to a high tone could be the part where he sings Tadzio, Tadzio. Or maybe his song Rebel Prince.

Shaun.P

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
Omicron Persei 8
I think the 'Oh' part is the chorus. It sounds a lot like David Gray / Rufus Wainwright. There is piano accompaigning the 'Oh' sequence, and no other sounds.

Shaun.P

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
Omicron Persei 8
http://www.songtapper.com/data/1659546.mid

Try singing along with that tune - I have tapped in four parts of the chorus.

For each part, go OH EH OH EH OH, <--- these five notes, the first three go lower to higher in tone, the forth note ('EH') goes a tone lower, and the final 'OH' is the highest out the 5 notes. This is sung by a man who sounds extremely similar to Rufus Wainwright however I have checked his songs on iTunes and they don't seem to match.

Shaun.P

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
Omicron Persei 8
It also sounds as if he could be saying

WOAH HO OH EH OH.

Guy is American/British. Had a music video too but can't remember anything from it. I tried to hear lyrics, but I couldn't pick any out, but this part of the song was extremely distinctive. Listen to my recording again, it is really like it.

Shaun.P

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
Omicron Persei 8
Hey there,

I have tried The Fray song (it isn't it) but I actually quite like them!

The oh-eh-oh in The Fray song is no where near as prominent as it is in the song I am trying to describe. There is not works between the oh-eh-oh either.

I don't think I'm ever going to find this song, unless I come over it again by chance. :(

Thank you for all your help. If I ever find out what it is, I'll let you all know!