Help finding a word processor and perhaps Final Cut Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Isabelief, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isabelief macrumors newbie

Hello! Good evening (for those of you in North America :))!

My name is Isabel and I live in Yosemite National Park. A few weeks ago I purchased a macbook pro and have been very happy.

Textedit has served me well thus far, as I have only needed to record my thoughts and ideas.

Recently a possible internship has presented itself, and I would like to create a new resume. I could probably swing something in Textedit, but I believe it wiser to pursue a word processor with more tools.

I consider myself and honest person, but I can not afford pricey retail software. I did a little research to find a free word processor, and even looked at some iWork torrents.

But, frankly, downloading applications intimidates me. Especially because this has been a huge purchase considering my income :), if something were to happen I would be so very very sad. I would very much appreciate knowledgeable guidance in this matter.

Incidentally, the internship is in video production. I would be so grateful for any direction in acquiring Final Cut Pro.

Thank you so so much :) If you don't find it to be too much trouble, you can chat with me through the username LatteEMele on AIM.

A tour of Yosemite Valley will be promised to any and all who find it in their hearts to help me!

Thanks again,
    -Isabel

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

For a word processor try NeoOffice. As far as final cut goes you could buy final cut express if you can afford it otherwise see if the place you have your internship will buy it they should. Also don't torrent programs besides the fact it is illegal iWork torrents have been the one place where there has been a Mac virus recently.

3. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

I don't think you'll get much help here with finding torrents (actually, you should put-on your asbestos suit I'm thinking).

However, for free text editors, there are many out there if your needs are reasonable. You have NeoOffice or one of the other StarOffice variants. These also include spreadsheets and other goodies.

However, for movie editing, I can't think of anything that approaches FCS2. Even at the price Apple charges for FCS2, it's a very good deal IMO. Granted, I cannot afford it, nor justify it for my home movie fiddling, but I do recognize that for someone who makes money editing videos, it's a great value.

Anyway, look into NeoOffice for your word processing and spend a bit of time with Google and you can find alternatives other than downloading stuff illegally via torrents.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.