Help finding good screen recording/ capturing app.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yourtoys7, Feb 11, 2014.

1. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

I was looking at Voila tool but before I put some $ down, I was wondering if anyone have tried it and how well it works. I would like to capture some video, broadcasts etc., thanks.

2. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

Quicktime X can do screen capture.

Just go to File > New Screen Recording.

3. Zeiss macrumors member

Screenflow.
    It's like Final Cut Pro for screen videos. You can edit, add effects, text etc.

4. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

There are several good apps. It is a little old but I still use SnapZ Pro. I've looked at a few others but SnapZ offers a lot of control of the frame rate and compression quality. Some others don't offer that much control of these parameters.

5. beachmusic macrumors regular

beachmusic

6. Strikerblob, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014

Strikerblob macrumors newbie

I am using Voila from past 2 yrs. Its a awesome app with well organized features. It has almost everything what i needed in screen capture and recording app. Recently they gave a good update in which recording has been improved very well. Currently i can record upto 6ofps in voila and in screen capture it has some unique selection capture options like rectangle, freehand, circle and more which i have never seen in any app till now becz in most of the apps i could see only rectangle and fullscreen captures. Using this app i can capture almost anything on my screen. It is also well priced compared to other apps in the store.