Help finding iLife '06 dmg?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yakhem, Apr 28, 2016.

1. yakhem macrumors newbie

Hey,
    I'm new here, so sorry if this is in the wrong section.
    Apple used to have a link on their website for a dmg of iLife '06, at http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/imovieHD6.html, but that link is dead. I have a PowerBook G4, so I can't install iMovie '08. Where can I find a download for iLife '06?

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

That link was for iMovie6HD, not iLife '06. It was for people who had upgraded to Leopard, which introduced iMovie08. iMovie08 was such a piece of junk that so many complained about it. So Apple made that iMovie06HD download available. However, you had to have Leopard installed for it to work.

I think Apple discontinued it some time ago. Do you have Leopard on your G4?

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Not a download, but Amazon still sells the DVD here if that helps you.

4. yakhem thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I wrote my question wrong, I was mainly looking for iMovie. Anyway, I have Tiger installed, version 10.4.11. I can't upgrade to Leopard because I need Classic support for some of my applications.

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Pity. I have a copy of that iMovie download, but as I said, you need Leopard to install it. How come you don't already have, as it came installed at that time?

Weaselboy, I found that as well. You obviously missed:

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Nope. It showed in stock when I posted the link and does right now for me (US).

7. yakhem thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have it anymore because the hard drive that came with my PowerBook crashed, so I took it as an opportunity to upgrade. The Apple stores don't have iLife 06 to install anymore, so I couldn't go to them. The Apple website says that I need 10.4.4 for iMovie, so my computer should be able to run it.

8. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

The link I posted is to Amazon US. What happens is the MR forums uses an add-on that changes Amazon links to the store where your IP is from. So that add-on redirects my US Amazon link automatically to a UK Amazon link for you since your IP is from the UK. It is called GeoRiot.