Help finding out what equipment is more suitable for this indie editing suite!!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by editing newbie, Nov 18, 2011.

1. editing newbie macrumors newbie

Nov 17, 2011
    Hi guys, newbie in da jaus!...well, I've been surfing several forums and tutorial pages, but I still cant find the proper answer to my question
    "what basic equipment do I need to set up an editing room?" (ok, to be fair, the ones that I found we're talking of budgets that I cant afford..right now:p hehe), I just got out of college (communications, and we cover pretty simplistic video and film editing, but, we didnt got into the details). I want to start taping shortfilms and music and corporate videos (I got a canon xl2 and a canon hv40). So far I've been working with my macbook pro 13", OS X, 2.4GHz Intel core 2 duo, and use a 1T g-raid mini when editing + creativelab speakers:eek:...see why I need ur help??. I use a lot FCP7,PS and AE.

So, as you can see is more than simplistic and I want to improve it since I want more professional, indie, but professional results.

So any guidance will be greately appreciate it, since I dont want to get anything that is not in my level of expertise yet or buy stuff that is not gonna be helpful for my needs (starting a pretty indie video production biz).

Ohh..yeah, "the budget"...well, just keep in mind that I just got out of collage and have this huge entreprenurial desire, but I dont have lots of savings for this solid pro-indie editing suite (so far...$3,000:().

10xs again!!:D
  2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

Jan 26, 2008
    Isla Nublar
    This is the internet! You can't spell college wrong right after you graduated! People will be all over you :p
  3. cgbier macrumors 6502a

Jun 6, 2011
    All you need is an iMac for around 2000-2500 bucks. You are pretty settled with software.
    Throw away the Creative Labs speakers and get a pair of near field monitors from MAudio, Behringer or whatever ($150)
    A god set of headphones, like Sennheiser 280 is also important.

Got an audio setup for your cameras?